Japanese Zander fishing rod for river?

• Hi Gast, Du bist neu hier. Um das Forum übersichtlich zu halten, bitten wir Dich, erst die Forensuche (Lupe oben rechts) zu bemühen, bevor Du ein neues Thema eröffnest. Vieles wird hier schon diskutiert. Vielen Dank fürs Verständnis und viel Spaß hier!

Ferio

Angellateinschüler
Punkte Reaktionen
Hi everyone,

Currently looking for a nice zander rod for the rivers here in Holland.

I like Yamaga Blanks and own several of them. They currently have a new 2023 series for the Calista;

https://yamaga-blanks.com/product/eging/calista/?lang=en and I'm thinking of the Calista 86M / PF which is Egi #4, roughly translates to about 28g if I'm correct. Which I think might be a bit too weak if you throw 18/21g + 12-14cm shad, can be wrong though, don't know for sure.

The other rod I'm looking at is the Zenaq Snipe 78xx/86xx which seems to be populair here for Zander.

What other rods can you guys suggest for jigging up to a weight of about 18 tot 21g? (excl. shad)

Thanks!

sepp

Finesse-Fux
Punkte Reaktionen
Hi Ferio,

i am also fascinated about YB-Rods, have few of them :)

I use Mebius 83 MH when i fish for zander. But i dont do it very often, i am lazy and old and do not like heavy lures :emoji_sweat_smile:

I had a Zenaq Snipe 76x and 86xx before and used it gladly.

But honestly YB Mebius is a bit better as i experienced.
The rod is much lighter and a bit more sensitive.

Despite i am very happy with my mebius i dream of a Calista sometimes. 86M or 79MMH would be alternatives to Mebius MH 83.

As i do not fish with heavy lures i would have to test wheather 21 gr and 14 cm lure is possible to cast and fish.

Mrfloppy

Master-Caster
Punkte Reaktionen
i could fish a YB early+ one day and was disappointed. i don't know other YB Models, but several Zenaq. the Snipe s78xx won't handle 21g heads well, but the 86xx will do the job greatly.
If Chinese JDM is OK for you, the tailwalk del sol sp2 80h would also be an option. (only tailwalk master built is Made in Japan).

tölkie

Barsch Vader
Punkte Reaktionen
Why do you need a rod from Japan to fish for zander? Do the Japanese know any zander at all? I don't think so, and that's why I also believe that all the rods the Japanese make are not specially designed for zander fishing. But you can certainly use one or the other rod for this purpose.

Why don't you use a rod that is specifically designed for zander fishing?

If you want to spend money, then go for a Custom Made blank, Hers 40. Perfect for jigs from 14-25gr. and shads from 4-5inch. Very fast blank, fine and sensitive tip, a good backbone and good action on a bigger zander.

sepp

Finesse-Fux
Punkte Reaktionen
i could fish a YB early+ one day and was disappointed. i don't know other YB Models, but several Zenaq. the Snipe s78xx won't handle 21g heads well, but the 86xx will do the job greatly.
If Chinese JDM is OK for you, the tailwalk del sol sp2 80h would also be an option. (only tailwalk master built is Made in Japan).
We should go out for fishing some time and you could check my Yamagas - but be aware, you will like them! :)

Krautzone

Gummipapst
Punkte Reaktionen
Hi everyone,

Currently looking for a nice zander rod for the rivers here in Holland.

I like Yamaga Blanks and own several of them. They currently have a new 2023 series for the Calista;

https://yamaga-blanks.com/product/eging/calista/?lang=en and I'm thinking of the Calista 86M / PF which is Egi #4, roughly translates to about 28g if I'm correct. Which I think might be a bit too weak if you throw 18/21g + 12-14cm shad, can be wrong though, don't know for sure.

The other rod I'm looking at is the Zenaq Snipe 78xx/86xx which seems to be populair here for Zander.

What other rods can you guys suggest for jigging up to a weight of about 18 tot 21g? (excl. shad)

Thanks!

If you really prefer Yamaga Blanks rods, the new 88 Chain might be worth considering as well.
I fish the Zenaq Snipe 86 xx and I am very satisfied with it.

Oben