• Hi Gast, Du bist neu hier. Um das Forum übersichtlich zu halten, bitten wir Dich, erst die Forensuche (Lupe oben rechts) zu bemühen, bevor Du ein neues Thema eröffnest. Vieles wird hier schon diskutiert. Vielen Dank fürs Verständnis und viel Spaß hier!

Belgian Joe

Twitch-Titan
Punkte Reaktionen
Hello everyone, I'm looking for something really specific in function of my trip to Algarve in November.

1. Target fish(es)?
[ ] Perch
[ ] Walleye
[ ] pike
[ ] Trout
[x] Other: Sea bass / Spotted seabass / Bluefish

2. What kind of water do you fish?
[ ] still water
[x] running water
[ ] both

3. How long should the new rod be?
From 300cm to 340cm.

4. What kind of bait do you want to fish with it? Please indicate as precisely as possible, including length and weight.
[x] Hardbaits, namely Stickbaits up to 70gr and maybe even more. Would be nice if I can throw jigs with it as well.
[x] Softbaits, namely Heavy Black Minnows I guess, not sure if they will get on the clip.

5. What kind of handle material do you prefer?
[ ] Cork
[x] EVA / Duplon
[ ] It doesn't matter

6. Which rod pitch do you want?
[ ] One piece
[x] Two pieces
[ ] Multi-piece / travel rod

7. Do you already own a similar rod? If so, what bothers you about it? What improvement are you hoping for? Please describe as precisely as possible!
>>>

8. How much money can you spend on the planned rod / combo?
300 euros in total, don't want to spend too much
[ ] Only a new purchase is possible.
[x] A second-hand purchase is also an option.

9. Would you also import the rod from abroad?
[ ] Basically yes
[ ] Basically no
[x] Depends on the savings

9. Have you ever picked up a few rods in a tackle shop?
[ ] No
[ ] Yes, namely (make / model, if known):
[x] I liked best (make / model, if known): Smith Dragonbait Seabass 100H, from a friend

10. Do you already have a suitable role that you would like to combine with it? If yes, which?
No, I think my Shimano Vanquish 5000XG will be too light for this kind rod.

11. Is a particularly large throw distance important?
[x] Yes
[ ] No

The only rod that comes to mind is The Smith Dragonbait Seabass 110H. It's also a light rod 219gr. for 100gr WG, wich I appreciate a lot.
Most shore jigging rods will be not fast (tipped) enough to work the heavy stickbaits.

Thanks very much,
joe

Snakesfreak

Bigfish-Magnet
Punkte Reaktionen
Hey joe,

take a look at fishinglure.eu they have a nice lineup of Seabass rods… maybe some Palms rods are the right for your plan

Oben